Mud Hole Tackle Crafting Forums: installation of Minima Exposed Blank split reel seat - Mud Hole Tackle Crafting Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

installation of Minima Exposed Blank split reel seat

#1 User is offline   RodFox 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

can someone give me good instructions on how to install the Minima Split reel seat? Doesnt look like it has enough blank area to get a real good bond, and also what type adhesive should I use.

#2 User is offline   possum398 

• Advanced Rod Builder
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

If you use a good paste epoxy to glue the seat to the blank you will not have any problems. I recommend American Tackle's ProPaste. I use the fast cure ProPaste myself. I install the Minima reel seat just like any other exposed reel seat. I just make sure I have epoxy every point where the seat makes contact with the blank. Do not be afraid of the epoxy, put alot on it. Then use paper towels and alcohol to clean it up.
Posted Image
www.parkerpoles.com

#3 User is offline   RodFox 

• Pip

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

View Postpossum398, on 06 January 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

If you use a good paste epoxy to glue the seat to the blank you will not have any problems. I recommend American Tackle's ProPaste. I use the fast cure ProPaste myself. I install the Minima reel seat just like any other exposed reel seat. I just make sure I have epoxy every point where the seat makes contact with the blank. Do not be afraid of the epoxy, put alot on it. Then use paper towels and alcohol to clean it up.

#4 User is offline   RodFox 

• Pip

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

thanks for your help, thats the same paste im currently using, but wanted to make sure the seat wouldnt pop loose, better to be safe now !!!!

#5 User is offline   TAW1447 

• Advanced Rod Builder
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Red Fox Thanks for asking that question as I was wondering the same thing. I have four of those seats and was reluctant to put them on with such little surface area.

I do have one question too. I was going to put them on the MHX White blanks and being painted was wondering if I should take the paint off underneath or just rough it up pretty good?

Tom

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users